Course of action if a member gets injured while representing the club
If a family member/guardian is present they can /will advise on course of action. If however the guardian is not present they will be contacted ASAP and the Manager/First Aider will take charge
Course of action - follow these steps:
- If a visit to A&E is deemed necessary you may contact your own Dr. for referral or use the official club doctor Dr. Patrick Meagher, Clybaun Road (091520055)
- Visit to Doctor (your own GP is at your own expense or club doctor Dr. Meagher which is covered by the club)
- Physio - The club will pay €15 towards each physio treatment (limit €200/year). Members must pay the physiotherapist and seek the contribution refund from the club by producing original receipts to the club secretary within 30 days of visit.
- If Ambulance is required, the club will cover the cost.
- NB: The team management must ensure the injury is noted in the referees report in a match situation.
- All injuries requiring any treatment must be reported to the club secretary within 7 days via email email@example.com
Details Required for report to secretary:
- Player's name
- Manager's name
- Details of injury, when and how it occurred (2 sentences)
- Indicate what treatment was required(A&E, Doctor visit, physio)
No cost will be reimbursed if the steps outlined above are not properly carried out.
The injury fund is only available to members who have paid their membership for the year in which the injury occurred.
Full details of the GAA injury scheme can be found on www.gaa.ie
All injury scheme claims must be made within 60 days of the initial injury date and are subject to an excess outlined by the insurer.
Important insurance information
- Claims must be firstly made through your own personal health insurance if applicable.
- The GAA injury scheme and the clubs injury policy are designed to ease the financial burden on a member by paying unclaimable costs after such claims are made.
- These schemes are not designed to replace personal health insurance.
- It is the responsibility of the individual player/parent/guardian to ensure that where the claim is to be made to the GAA injury scheme or to the club injury policy, that all the relevant documentation and procedures are followed.
- The club secretary can assist with this process.